Businesses in Cotehill Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Cotehill

Cotehill village courtesy Andrew HillAbove the River Eden on a hillside in farming country is the village of Cotehill.

St John the Evangelist is the village church. Built in 1868 its bell tower is beehive shaped. The east window is in the style of William Morris.

Cotehill St John Evangelist Church courtesy Andrew Smith

The railway once ran through the area, and former railway workers cottages make up part of the village housing.

Photos courtesy of Andrew Smith and Andrew Hill The Geograph British Isles Project

Cotehill is four miles south of Warwick Bridge.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2018 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.

Index
Home
Accommodation
Countryside
Local Weather
People
Towns and Villages
Traditions
Useful Weblinks
Visitor Attractions
Visitor Information
Contact Us