|Businesses in Barrows Green||Towns and Villages of Cumbria|
Barrows Green village got its name from the burial grounds in the area. It is looked down on from a 1000-foot high hill called the Helm, once the site of a Roman fort. From the hill there are views of the surrounding fells. Further views extend to Morecambe bay. Barnardos had a childrens home, Barrows Green Home, in the village. The Punchbowl Inn serves the locals.
Photo by TheButler
Barrows Green is located on the A65, south of Kendal.
© 1997 - 2013 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.