May 25, 2013
|Towns and Villages of Cumbria|
To the west of the village lies Bowscale Fell where the tarn of the same name is found. To the north are Carrock Fell and the river Caldew. Village cottages are of natural stone or painted white. A Quaker meeting house was once here at a Mr Pearsons house when the Mosedale one closed. George Fox visited the valley in 1653.
Photos courtesy Andy Wallace
Bowscale is located on a minor road just north of Mungrisdale in the northern Lake District.
© 1997 - 2013 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.