Businesses in Broughton Beck Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Broughton Beck

Broughton Beck courtesy Ron ShirtBroughton Beck sits among farms and undulating low hills. In the past it served the local farmers, and villagers took advantage of the village water mill. The mill is now the village hall.

St John the Evangelist church dates from 1874 and served as a chapel of ease to Ulverston’s parish church (St Mary). It was built by Paley and Austin.

Broughton Beck stone footbridge on Cumbria way courtesy Tony VickersSelf catering cottage accommodation is available in the village.

Photos courtesy Ron Shirt and Tony Vickers The Geograph British Isles Project.



Broughton Beck is 2.5 miles north of Ulverston.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.