|Businesses in Frizington||Towns and Villages of Cumbria|
In the 19th century the village of Frizington developed from a scattered collection of farms and houses as a result of the development of the coal and iron ore mining industry in the area. Mining ceased in the early 1900s. One long street characterized the village. The church of St Paul was constructed in 1867-68. There is a stained glass window with scenes from the life of Christ.
Frizington is four miles east of Whitehaven on the A5086.
© 1997 - 2013 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.