Businesses in Great Strickland Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Great Strickland

Great Strickland Village Green Great Strickland , once known as Stircaland, sits in pasture farming land on the east side of the river Leith.

St Barnabas, the village church, was constructed in 1872 of sandstone with a bell turret. The interior, with its pine furnishings, is unaltered. There is one stained glass window.

The Strickland Arms courtesy of The Strickland Arms
Great Strickland St Barnabas Church

Photos courtesy of TheButler and The Strickland Arms

Great Strickland is located on a minor road off the A6, five miles south-east of Penrith.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.