Businesses in Killington Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Killington

Killington All Saints Church and house opposite church courtesy Andy WallaceKillington sits near the foot of the Howgill fells. A short distance away, beside the M6, is Killington Lake, a reservoir.

All Saints church in the village has 14th 15th century windows on its north side. On the south the windows date from the 17th century. It was closed, then reopened in 1824.Killington house opposite church courtesy Andy Wallace

Killington Hall, once a manor house, belonged to a number of families through the centuries. It eventually became a farm house.

Photos courtesy of Andy Wallace


Killington is on a minor road off the A683.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.