Businesses in Knock Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Knock

Knock village by Oliver DixonKnock is a small village at the foot of the Pennines in a former mining area. Sheep now graze the hillsides. The Pennine Way walking route is nearby.

Between Knock and Dufton is St Cuthbert’s church, established as early as the late 1200s, but the present red sandstone church is largely of 1784 with a medieval nave and chancel. A Wesleyan chapel was built in 1820, and the Primitive Methodists built a church here in 1905.Knock Methodist Church 1905 by Graeme Dougal

Photos courtesy of Graeme Dougal , Oliver Dixon The Geograph British Isles Project



Knock is located on a minor road north of Appleby-in-Westmoreland and the A66.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.