Businesses in Meal Bank Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Meal Bank

Bridge Over The River Mint by MauldyMeal Bank sits astride the Mint river, about 2.5 miles north-east of Kendal. It was home to a corn mill and, in the 1800s, a woolen manufacturing establishment. A snuff making factory was located at the mill in the late 1700s. It continued in operation until 1920 when it was moved to Kendal.

Sleddal hall, a farmhouse at Mealbank, was once the ancestral home of the Sleddall family, one of which was Kendals first mayor (1636).

Photo courtesy of Mauldy The Geograph British Isles Project

Meal Bank sits just off the A685, 2.5 miles north-east of Kendal.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.