Businesses in Natland Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Natland

Natland St Marks church Natland St Marks church
Natland St Marks church Natland St Marks church

Natlands name is thought to come from the word Nativi, or bondmanservants of a lord. The village green is set off by old stone houses. St Marks church, by Paley and Austin, dates from the early 1900s and took the place of an 1825 church. Its tower has one bell. The ruins of a chapel stood near the present church in the late 1600s and were replaced in 1735 with another chapel.

Village Green Natland Natland Village Green

Photos by TheButler

Natland is located off A65, .8 miles southeast of Oxenholme

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.