Businesses in New Hutton Towns and Villages of Cumbria

New Hutton

(See also Old Hutton)

New Hutton by Matthew Emmot Castle Blog New Hutton is a small hamlet with houses dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries. It became a place in its own right in 1297 when it separated from Old Hutton. Country lanes provide pleasant walks in the area.

St Stephen's church, built in 1828 by George Webster, occupies the site of a former 1739 chapel. The lancet style New Hutton St Stephen Church by Matthew Emmot Castle Blog church has a west tower and a stained glass window dedicated to Queen Victoria.


Photos courtesy of Matthew Emmot



New Hutton is on a minor road just south of the A684, three miles east of Kendal.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.