Businesses in Renwick Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Renwick

Renwick Methodist Chapel courtesy Steve BulmanRenwick (once spelled Ravenwick) lies in farming country on the west side of Thack Moor. Its name originates from its location near Raven Beck. Coal was worked here from as early as 1665. It is now home to approximately 40 families, many of whom live in 18th and 19th century houses.

Renwick All Saints Church courtesy Steve BulmanThe village church, All Saints, built in 1845, took the place of a 1733 church. Remaining from the 1733 church is a two decker pulpit. The church was built on the site of one founded in AD600 by missionaries. The 1845 church is in the Norman style and contains stained glass windows. A Methodist chapel dates from 1818.

Photos courtesy of Steve Bulman

Renwick is located north-east of Penrith between the B6413 and the A686.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.