Businesses in Rottington Towns and Villages of Cumbria

Rottington

Rottington village by Bill Boaden GeographRottington is a small hamlet with farming in the vicinity. It sits between Whitehaven and St Bees. It is supposedly named after a Viking called Rottin.

The area was owned by a number of families over the centuries and in 1762 became the property of Sir James Lowther, earl of Lonsdale.

Photos courtesy © Bill Boaden

Rottington is one mile north-west of St Bees.

Back To Town or Villages

© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.