|Businesses in Welton||Towns and Villages of Cumbria|
Welton, as its name suggests, was the site of a number of wells of spring water. The farming village, in rolling farmland north of the Lake District park and just nine miles from Carlisle, has a small green. At one time there were businesses that supported the local farming community. The village has a primary school and a pub, the Royal Oak inn.
St James church in the village dates from 1874 and was built by Cory and Ferguson.
Welton is located on the B5299 south-east of Wigton.
© 1997 - 2017 by The Cumbria Directory. Reproduction of this work in whole or in part, including images, and reproduction in electronic media, without documented permission from The Cumbria Directory is prohibited.